Kalwun delivers a Social Health service for clients who are struggling with their mental health or for those with alcohol and other drug (AoD) issues.

The program has the services of a Mental Health Nurse, Senior Case Manager and AoD Practitioner who undertake a coordination role across both clinical and community interventions. These roles specifically provide clinical case management in collaboration with doctors and work collaboratively with the mental health/AoD teams across both Kalwun and Krurungal Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation for Welfare, Resource and Housing (Krurungal).

Krurungal employs Alcohol and other Drugs Support Workers to provide culturally appropriate one-on-one support and supported referral for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are in need of AoD interventions and are willing to accept support.

Kalwun and Krurungal are completely separate organisations and are legally required to maintain confidentiality of clients’ information at all times.


To be eligible for this program you must identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person, be a partner of an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person or a parent or carer of an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person.

Accessing the service

To access the Social Health Service, you will need a referral from your GP. Call your local Kalwun health clinic to arrange an appointment with your GP.